Monday, March 22, 2010

Adam & Eve

Oh my gosh, 2 huge sculptures of a naked man and woman at the centre court between Crocksford Tower & Hotel Michael at Resorts World! I saw so many people crowding excitedly in front and behind the sculptures to take pictures. I find it meaningless because what's the big deal until I noticed the bitten red apple at the foot of the sculpture. That's when it dawned on me that these 2 sculptures are Adm and Eve. Well, that put things into perspective, and lent meaning to the sculptures.

These 2 sculptures are the works of Fernando Botero, who is also the same artist for the Bird sculpture along Singapore River.

If you enlarge the image and scrutinize hard enough, you will notice a piece of white crumbled paper lying between the apple and Eve's foot. I really can't fathom why someone would do that and it kind of marred the picture.

I seriously contemplated taking away the rubbish but the sculptures are surrounded by a shallow pool of water, so I'll definitely "make a splash" if I attempt such an act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails