Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chinese Garden

It's Labour Day, no wonder there's a crowd at the Chinese Garden MRT Station.
When I was young, my parents will bring me & my sis together with their friends to Chinese Garden to celebrate Mooncake Festival which is one of my favourite festivals because we can carry lanterns (the real stuff, not battery-operated ones). 



Lin Ze Xu

Zheng He

Wen Tian Xiang

Yue Fei

Finally, a representative of the female race - Hua Mu Lan

Guan Yu

Qu Yuan
Confucius


I was bitten by a fire ant after taking this picture. All I felt was a sudden intense pain on my foot and a small red welt left by the fire ant. Luckily, I have my trusty Axe Brand Oil with me and it does help to soothe the pain. So be careful and try to avoid walking on the grass when you visit Chinese Garden.

Complex root system

Perfect bloom








Taking shelter in a pavilion because of a sudden downpour. At the same time, I managed to catch a wink while waiting for the rain to let up.



I caught sight of this squirrel just as I turned my head. I quickly fire up my camera and managed to capture this shot. Though I didn't have sufficient time to adjust the shutter speed, I was still very impressed by the camera's start-up speed within 2 beats. 







Reflections


Main entrance to Chinese Garden




Where are the lotus? I remembered that this pond used to be filled with lotus.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails