Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lunch @ Chikuwa Tei

This newly opened restaurant is helmed by the ex-owner of Wasabi Tei at Far East Plaza. I came to know about this place through a friend who used to frequent Wasabi Tei too.
The place is definitely much bigger than the old one but the interior lighting is quite dim and the whole place feels really empty & lifeless.

The usual appetizer of seaweed with pork is replaced with cold potato salad because now it’s “no pork, no lard”.

I ordered my usual Chirashi Sushi Set and I must say I’m rather disappointed because the price has gone up & the quantity has reduced. The fish roe is totally missing and the amount of rice is so pathetic, I can see the bottom of the container.

Sneaked a few pictures of the bar counter while the infamous "nazi" chef went into the kitchen.
I've adjusted the exposure in order to offer a better picture of the interior.
What used to cost me $22 now cost $29.25 (inclusive of 10% service charge & 7% GST) and I was feeling hungry before 3 pm. Don't think I'll go back anytime soon because the place is quite inconvenient and I wouldn't have gone today if my colleague didn't ask her hubby to drive us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails