Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lunch @ Gyu-kaku (牛角)

 Gyu-Kaku @ Chijmes

I finally found a place that serves BBQ meat that's worth trying. It's quite a leap of faith to try this place considering that the cost of the meal is going to be, well very expensive, but I guess the craving for great BBQ meat overrides all.
I'm glad to say that the overall experience had been great & the Wagyu is definitely heavenly.
 
 We arrived at the restaurant slightly before 1 pm on a Sunday afternoon, and we were the first customers of the day. But another family of 3 soon arrived behind of heels.
Considering that there were only 2 groups of customers, we had the full attention of Kali, the restaurant manger & the other staff. 
This being our first visit, Kali suggested some of the must-try. So read on..........
 



This was one of the items we ordered. The Premium Japanese Wagyu. We also tried the Australian Wagyu which my mom liked, while I prefer the Japanese Wagyu.
 

Piping hot coal which made all the difference to the taste of the meat. The wire mesh will be changed mid-way when it became dirty.

Rock Salt
 
Rock salt, some spicy & sweet sauce were provided but I think the meat already taste great just on its own, so I didn't really need much of the sauce.

Horenso Salad. Some greens to balance a meaty meal.

My philosophy is BBQ meat is heaty, so I must have my "liang teh" to counteract the heatiness.

This is my mom's preferred Australian Wagyu.

Cow's Tongue. This is simply mind-blowing! I'm really not sure how to describe the taste. I can only say that it taste almost like beef but even better with more bite to it. Get it? Simply put - It's a must try!


Assorted mushrooms cooked in butter.

Oh......Look at the marbling on the beef......

 Here's our platter of Premium Japanese Wagyu.


This is my first time eating such premium Wagyu, even as a novice, looking at the colour & marbling of the meat, I can tell that this is definitely going to be delicious. This actually reminded me of the Toro I had at Tsukiji, Tokyo.





Complimentary Milk Pudding to round up a great meal. The milk pudding is really smooth & the brown syrup is just right, not too sweet & the soya powder on top provided a hint of nuttiness to balance the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails