Monday, July 9, 2012

Werner's Oven

Werner's Oven
6 Upper East Coast Road

My sis asked where to go for dinner before sending me & my mom home. So I said it's my treat & she can decide where to go. So we ended up at Werner's Oven which is near my sis' place.
A nice treat after cycling more than 20km on Sunday.


Happy Hours:
11am to 6pm, 1-for-1 
2  x Hefe (500ml) at S$23.00


Farmer's Sausage - S$21.50. Love this! The sausage, the sauerkraut & potato salad with lots of onion, simply yummy! A taste of savory, tangy & sweetness, all in one dish.

Schmorbraten - S$24.50
Nice tender beef  but I find this a tad heavy with too much carb. 

Pork Knuckle - S$21.50
How can we dine at a German restaurant without ordering a pork knuckle?
My mom did all of the carving & she really did a great job because not a morsel of meat was left on the bone.

German Fruit Cake - S$6.80
We only ordered 3 mains to share, so we still have room for desserts. Both my sis & brother-in-law commented that the German Fruit Cake we had wasn't as nice and didn't taste the same as they remembered it. This is the first time I tried this so I can't say if the quality has changed, to me it's ok, meaning edible but forgettable.

Apple Crumble - S$6.80
Nothing much to share among the four of us as you can see that the apple crumble barely filled half the dish.
The vanilla ice cream taste like the standard mass produced variety.

I would advise going for the mains & skipped saving your stomach for desserts.

All prices before 7% GST. No service charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails