Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Cooked Curry!

This is my first try to cook curry katsu don (curry pork cutlet rice). I bought the curry sauce from Isetan Supermarket. It took me a while to decide which curry sauce to buy because there is a whole shelf to choose from ranging from different brands, intensity, etc. I finally decided on this because it has English instructions. 


A block of this can serve 9 persons.

While buying ingredients to add to my curry sauce, I chanced upon this purple carrot which I've never seen before. This is really sweet & doesn't need to cook too long before it become soft. 

Here's the masterpiece! Not bad for first try. The curry sauce is already very flavourful, so I did not have to add any seasoning. Though the packaging says "Hot", but for those who have tried Japanese curry, this is really chicken feet, it's more sweet with a tad of hotness than spiciness. If I remember correctly, the rice was from Akita which was also brought at Isetan Supermarket in January.
My mom was the master chef behind the pork cutlet which is my favourite. And it is yummy as usual. Nothing beats home cooked meals.

The curry sauce looks really dark, unlike the usual fiery red we usually see in our local laksa or curry dishes. I believe the colour is also darker than it should be because I used the water which I poached the purple carrot as the broth for the curry sauce.

Something to complete the meal. Lychee flavour fruit beer from Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails