Monday, April 19, 2010

Alexandra Arch & Forest Walk

This marks the beginning of our trek to Mt Faber. You've been warned. Here we go!


We met this couple jogging along the Alexandra Arch who back-tracked and requested for a picture to be taken. The lady declined my offer to send her the photo. I have quite a few interesting encounters since I started Project 365 and this is definitely a memorable one too. I hope they don't mind that I posted their picture on my blog since it's through destiny that we met, maybe they might one day find this picture too.




You can end your walk here by taking this route which lead to the main road opposite to Hort Park.



From this point on, no heels allowed, and I don't see how someone would be able to walk with heels.

Here's me looking down. Not for the faint-hearted and those who have a fear of height like me. Can't wait for this to portion of the trek to end.

Long way to go. Keeping to the centre and my eyes straight ahead, no matter what.

Hooray! The end is nigh!

Finally, can breathe easily now and enjoy the rest of the trek.




We saw alot of such winding walk along the way which I believe is built as such to follow the contours of the landscape and to minimize the disturbance to natural environment.

Nearby Telok Blangah estates.


Here's the short cut - the vertical way up or the longer winding walk up.



The sun is setting soon.

This marks the end of the Forest Walk and the beginning of a short walk to Henderson Waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails