Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chinese Garden Part II & Japanese Garden

This was my second visit to Chinese Garden within a short span of about a month from my last visit because I didn't manage to cover the entire place on my first visit due to adverse weather condition.
Frankly speaking, I find that the variety of flowers for such a big place is surprising limited. It would be nice if more flowers can be planted to enhance the visual effect.

Not sure if the white colour parts are the petals or leaves?

There were a few passionfruit trees by the bridge but we didn't see any passionfruits.

Two-headed snake? No, it's two intertwining snakes.

Bonsai Garden

I managed to spend quite a while taking pictures of this bird feeding on the banana flower without disturbing it until someone decided to join in the action with his mobile phone while juggling his personal effects. In the end, he dropped his stuff on the ground & scared off the bird.

八仙过海,各显神通。

This is the oldest bonsai I found at 180 years old.

A bird's nest found dangling from one of the bonsai.

Bridge connecting Chinese Garden & Japanese Garden.

The time according to this device wasn't exactly accurate. The time on my watch showed 5 mins before 5pm while the shadow on the device was already half way between 5pm & 6pm.

On this side, the sun was still setting.

But on the other side, the moon was making its way up.

Tortoise was saying hi.

Something irrelevant, but this polarising sunglasses had been very important to keep out the glare from the sun. Something which normal sunglasses couldn't match. Best of all, I can put this on even when I'm wearing my spectacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails