Monday, June 21, 2010

Labrador Park Walkabout

My first visit to Labrador Park was during my JC days when the SAJC campus was still at Mandalay Road, where we walked all the way from. 
Now, there is a bus service operated by SBS which drops visitors directly at Labrador Park, sparing us the long way. It is quite a distant to walk from the main road, at least 15 to 20 mins, so Parks 408 is the most convenient way to Labrador Park.

This is the first living thing to greet us when we alight from the bus. The cat definitely gave us a very warm welcome with its incessant meowing, guess it must be hoping for food. Kitty kept following us for quite a while before we finally parted ways.

There were ants everywhere we went. So be careful where you stepped. I've been pretty cautious & looked where I walked after my painful encounter with the "red fire ant" at Chinese Garden a while back.

I dare not stop to read the boards because I can hear the buzzing of hungry mosquitoes swarming me. I was bitten 4 times on the calf within 15 minutes of arrival. I must be the long awaited feast for the mosquitoes. 

Nice view and light, cool breeze from the sea.

This is a common sight in nature reserve.

Isn't this haunting when the picture is in black & white? This is the only black & white pitcure I took because it too creepy though it is pretty apt considering the history of the place.




I'm quite surprised that there were quite a number of people who came to this place to fish. Not sure if the catch is good but definitely better than the polluted water at east Coast Park.

I'm not sure if this is the original "Dragon's tooth" because on closer look, the colour of the rock looks pretty "fake".

It's a bat, it's a man, it's Batman kite!

This is the main entry point to the beach but we alighted at the earlier stop & walked our way down from higher grounds to the beach. From here we hope on the same bus number (loop service) and made our way back to Harbourfront Bus Interchange.

Lunch at Seah Im Hawker Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails