Wednesday, July 28, 2010

132 of Project 365: Contact Lens

My optician told me that my eyes were showing signs of lack of oxygen (corneal hypoxia) from prolonged used of contact lens, and I was advised to reduce the usage or stick to the recommended duration of 8 hours. The consequences of lack of oxygen include early aging of the eye.
Hence, for a while I was wearing spectacles so that my eyes can recover until I was recommended this extended wear contact lens. For a normal work day, I usually have to keep the contact lens on for 12 to 14 hours,  hopefully with this extended wear contact lens, more oxygen can flow through. I'll also try to limit the usage of contact lens & let my eyes rest in between. Do check with your optician on your next visit to make sure that your eyes are not "suffocating". Do take care of those gems!

ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/50 sec
Aperture: 1.7
Focal Length: 20mm
Flash Used: No

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails