Monday, April 16, 2012

Malaysian Food Street @ RWS

My family & I finally found the opportunity to visit the Malysian Food Street (MFS) @ RWS on 14 April 2012, Saturday. 2 points to park at RWS if you are member. Other options to go to MFS include the monorail (S$3) from Vivo City or take a short walk along the Sentosa Boardwalk (S$1 entry fee).

We reached the place around noon & they were still plenty of seats available and the queue to buy our food was pretty short, except for the char koay teow which I have to wait for almost 10 mins.

Selamat Datang ke Malaysian Food Street

Penang Ah Mei Hokkien Prawn Mee.  The prawns had been shelled so eating was easy & less messy.

Klang Bak Kut Teh. The soup is a tad sweet for my liking. My sis & I came to the conclusion that my mom's bak kut teh is better :)

Penang Ah Long Lor Bak. The prawn pancake fritter is very crispy & you can see alot of tiny prawn on top. Nothing else outstanding to mention about this dish.

Penang Lim Brothers' Char Koay Teow. My favourite among all the food we had. Generous serving of 腊肠 which I like. The koay teow is the thinner compared to our local version which is thicker.

KL Jalan Ah Lor Hokkien Mee. Something seems amiss in this dish; lack of wok hei & pork lard. I will always remember the stickiness left behind on my lips after eating this (in KL) which is a sign of pork lard.

Heun Kee Claypot Chicken Rice. The amount of chicken is quite generous but its all breast meat which are dry & tasteless. Might disappoint them who like the burnt rice sticking to the bottom & side of the claypot because there isn't much.

Chendol 

Ice Kacang 


I also bought over $28 worth of pastries from 凤凰 - Egg tarts, shao Bao (pork & chicken), chicken piee & kaya puffs.

I like the shao bao & kaya puff. Egg tarts is so-so because I find the custard a bit stingy, so can't really taste the egg custard. I didn't eat the chicken pie & chicken shao bao but accordign to my sis they are not as nice as the pork because the fillings are too mushy. 


Present same-date MFS receipt at MEMA and enjoy $3 rebate off Adult Package (Museum admission  + Typhoon). U.P: $11 at MEMA ticketing booth.

We gave this a pass because we planned to go Punggol to fly kite :)  

A bit disappointed that I didn't get to eat the Penang Laksa which was no longer at MFS.
Overall, I think the pricing is very reasonable. The price range for the food we ordered were around $4 to $8 (Bak Kut Teh Special Set), except for desserts which cost around $2.50.
I was a mix of both locals & foreigners at MFS so I guess, its a draw for the tourists visiting Universal Studios which is right outside MFS & also a chance for the locals to satisfy their food craving.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails