Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tiong Bahru Walkabout 2

It seemed like not so long ago when I did my last walkabout at Tiong Bahru, so I was quite surprised to find that it had been slightly more than 2 years when I did my first Tiong Bahru Walkabout.

This time, I brought my mom along because she hasn't been here before, and I believe she'll enjoy checking out the ground floor mini gardens. 

I observed that there are more newly renovated units compared to my last visit, which wasn't unexpected since this is quite an up-and-coming neighbourhood for both the expats & local. I believe in time to come, most of the original shutter windows and iron grille might be gone forever.

Enjoy the pictures and see for yourself the differences between the first & second walkabout.

Oh, I've finally switched to the GF1 pancake prime lens which had been in storage for a long, long time. 



I like the peace and quiet of this estate. During our walk, we hardly see anyone walking around. Frankly, I saw more cars than human.

I noticed that quite a few ground floor units build awning like this. This was something which wasn't seen during my last visit. I think this is a good way to provide shade & maybe high-rise litter bugs.

The space wasn't big but you can see a wide variety of plants here.

These trees provide a feel akin to a holiday resort.


Contrast between the new high-rise flats and the old buildings.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails