Sunday, July 22, 2012

301 of Project 365: Blooming

My (freaking) violet is finally blooming after lingering in the realm of near extinction for quite a while.
I used to keep this plant in my office within the confine of air-conditioned environment and it was doing very well with minimum care. It kept flowering non-stop and the leaves grew to the size of my palm. It was such a joy to see the plant flourishing.

However, all these changed the moment I brought the plant home. Within a week, I started seeing white spots on the leaves and the flowers will wither before reaching full bloom. After a couple of months, there were no longer any flower and the plant languish to the point of almost no return.

All these changed after I started using Bio-X! My friend was doing a bulk purchase for Bio-X which is mainly used as an insecticide, I decided to buy it because I wanted to get rid of the cockroaches which is a constant nuisance. Little did I know that it can be used on plants too. As the product is safe and eco-friendly, it can be used as a disinfectant and deodorizer too.

Ok, back to my violet. The moment my I received my Bio-X, I sprayed a liberal amount on the plant and into the soil. I swear that within the next couple of days, I notice that the colour of the leaves begin to regain its lush green of health and new leaves started growing. I believe it has been almost 2 months since I started using Bio-X and now the plant finally start blossoming again. I still continue spraying Bio-X into the soil bi-weekly to keep whatever pests at bay from attacking my beautiful flower.  

My nightly massacre of cockroaches has also stopped as the number of cockroaches has been drastically reduced after I started spraying Bio-X around the rubbish chute and around the entire kitchen floor.

I dare not say that Bio-X works until I saw my violet beginning to flower because for a while I only saw leaves growing but no flower. It's only when I see flowers blooming, I was assured that my plant wasn't poisoned/damaged by unknown chemicals.

I'm not sure if the same results can be seen when Bio-X is used on other plants. Let me know your results if you have tried it on your pest-ridden plants.


ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 1.7
Focal Length: 20mm
Flash Used: No

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails