Sunday, February 6, 2011

215 of Project 365: One in a Million

This Project 365 is slightly different from the usual which only features one picture, here you can see the series of pictures taken (12 to be exact) and below is the chosen one.

In this case, I spent more than 5 mins squatting under the hot sun to capture these 12 shots. The best pictures are taken when there is sufficient light but the problem is I won't be able to review the pictures immediately on the LCD screen due to the glare from the sun. And to compensate for the uncertainty, I tend to take more shots to ensure that I can have a usable shot. Frankly, 12 pictures isn't alot, there are occasions where I used the multi-shot mode to capture fast moving objects & ended up with at least 30 shots. For professionals, the number can run into hundreds or thousands, as long as you have sufficient memory space & battery.

I guess luck has alot to do with getting the right picture because there were also occasions where none of the shots were nice or usable.

This picture is the 5th shot and there are a few which I also like but I can only choose one. Yes, after taking the pictures, I still have to go through the agonizing & painstaking process of reviewing them & finally settle for the one & only one. Sometimes, it can be quite a dilemma when I really want to post all the nice pictures to my blog instead of letting them reside in my hard disk & let my effort go to waste. Hence, I decided to post some of the nicer ones as well outside the confine of Project 365.

This is also the first time that I used the close-up filter outdoor. It has been really fun but tedious because I keep having to screw & unscrew the filter when I need to take different scenery. So worried that I might drop the filter or my lens will get scratch when I remove the filter.

ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/320 sec
Aperture: 7.1
Focal Length: 45mm
Flash Used: No


I was deciding between this & the picture above but thought I've posted enough pictures with flowers. Both have nice DOF but the finally picture has a more interesting perspective with the bokeh effect in the foreground.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails